Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Preppy Guest Book

Hi everyone! So, my big work conference is done and I feel like I finally have time to focus on details that don't revolve around the font of a name tag or picking a dessert option that will please everyone. The other good news is that my performance this week coincided with an annual review that saw a nice raise in my salary and bonus for this fiscal year, so yeah for me.

On to bigger and better things. I have found a lot of cute things for you this week, but I want to share my favorite, this super cute mini-note guest book from Martha Stewart Crafts. I love the idea of guests writing you a personal note and this is a fantastic way to keep everything together.


Gone are the gold leafed guest books (and attendants - what an awful job) of the past. Here are a few great ways to incorporate a preppy guest book that will impress your guests and leave you with a lasting memento of their presence:


A book that represents you or your wedding venue

Think a picture book of your hometown, or a book representing the place you met or took your first vacation together. You can also create a custom photobook of your engagement pictures with plenty of room for your guests to leave messages.


Message in a Bottle

This would work fantastically for a nautical themed wedding (think all those navy & white storyboards). Set up two large cylander vases for guests and paper rolled and tied with twine. Guests would write you a special wish, tie up their message and drop it into the bottle for you and your groom.


Photobooth Fun

I love the idea of photobooths at wedding (they also serve as a great favor for guests), so have guests take their pics stick them in a book and write you a message (this also works with polaroids).


Forecast your Future

For more whimiscal weddings, set up a station where you have created a board that asks guests to predict your future with fun questions like: how many kiddos will you have, when will you buy your first house, retire, you get the idea. You could really personalize this to you as a couple (if your hubby is a BMW guy, ask when he'll buy his first!).

No comments:

Post a Comment