Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nothing New Here

So, nothing new going on here blogworld. I'm just working and traveling and trying to be the best wife I can be. And by best wife I mean, actually making dinner three nights in a row, making a pie from my newlywed cookbook (very 1950s - I know) and taking the time to vacuum all the dog hair lingering underneath my bed. Impressed, aren't you?

The husband I did get to see UVA take their fifth consecutive win of the season. And better yet, we watched the game in the comfort of a nice luxury box, with air-conditioning, an open bar and some yummy bbq. Thank goodness for the perks of the hubby’s job.

We also managed to brave the local berry farm to get our pumpkins. Much like Happy Homemaker, we were sort of over the crowd of family folks pretty quickly. I mean the air was charged and dads and kids seemed determined to find the perfect pumpkin, even if it involved jumping off a hayride that was not fully stopped. Next year, we’re going to grow our own.

Speaking of halloween, fret not LuLu and Dempsey do have costumes for 2007. And I’m not going to spoil the surprise for you. You’ll have to wait until November 1 to get a glimpse of their utter cuteness.

In other news, I am contemplating a major diet in preparation for destination wedding 2008. If I have to be pale in Mexico, I don’t want to also be 10 lbs overweight. So, I’m trying to figure out how to loose weight while still eating obscene amounts of M&Ms, not cutting out my weekly mashed potato intake and not really doing too much physical activity. If you have suggestions, do tell.

Hope you have yourselves a happy Thursday folks. Shout out to the husband who is having his first 4:00 boys happy hour in months. Please call me for a ride home if/when you all start taking shots. In case you’re interested - Grown Men Gone Wild at City Limit this afternoon !!

No comments:

Post a Comment