Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving ... is it Christmas yet?

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very happy thanksgiving. I got to attend dual celebrations yesterday (my parents and Mr. Preppy Wedding's extended family). Not counting the 3+ hours in the car, not a bad time. I managed to succeed in making this peanut butter pie (it was really good) and the good old standby - the green bean casserole. Next year, Mr. Preppy Wedding is obsessed with deep frying a turkey, which sounds like some fun!

Today, I popped over to the local outdoor mall (still wondering why an outdoor mall is a good idea for Richmond - it was 40 degrees tonight) and got the husband's big gift.

Right now, I'm still up burning holiday CDs for the 2007 Preppy Wedding Christmas Cards.

I know y'all are dying to know, so here goes for our selection this year ....

Here are the his/hers letterpress cards for relatives and work contacts. If you like these take a look at Looky-Loos etsy site. Her stuff is so beautiful in person and very economical.






And for our young friends this year, we're doing personalized holiday CDs using this kit from Chronicle Books (one of my favorite go to gift sites). I'm really excited about how cute they turned out. Just a little nervous about figuring out how to mail them, but I'm sure I'll make it work!!

Here are the songs I picked for the CD:

Christmas Time Is Here - Ivy
Love Came Down At Christmas - Jars of Clay
All That I Want - The Weepies
Maybe This Christmas - Ron Sexsmith
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Martina Sorbara
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - Sixpence None The Richer
O Come O Come Emmanuel - Sufjan Stevens
Grown-Up Christmas List - Michael Bublé
The First Noel - Leigh Nash
All I Want for Christmas Is You - Billy Paul Williams & Lauren Carter
What Christmas Means to Me - Mandisa
Wonderful Christmastime - Jars of Clay
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve - Kate & Anna McGarrigle & Rufus Wainwright
Auld Lang Syne - Barenaked Ladies
Be Thou My Vision - Van Morrison

Hope all of you had a very happy thanksgiving and a very happy long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment