Monday, July 7, 2008

The Preppiest Wedding - Number 7

Hi everyone. No, I did not disappear. I am not even returning from any kind of remotely exciting plans from July 4. Instead I was working, cleaning (even did the baseboards on Sunday - eww) and trying to get my kitchen ready for some brand new 1950 style black and white flooring to be installed next Monday. And sometimes you have to make the responsible decision to choose floors over a vacation. It is a good thing my husband makes the responsible decisions, otherwise I would be writing to you today about the awesome tan I got and how many mango daiquiris I could consume during happy hour at the swim up hotel pool.

I hope you all had more fun than the domestic bliss I was able to take in. My husband called it our very own staycation, but I saw through that made up word that was invented to fool women into thinking that staying at home was any kind of vacation. However, I did make the scenic drive to Williamsburg to hit up the J.Crew outlet where I had a mini stroke when I saw the additional 40 percent off sale signs. Who needs fireworks when you can get a tank top for $3.00?

Anywho, I am back to bring you wedding number 7 in the never-ending preppiest wedding contest. I have two more entries I want to share with you. And then you'll get to hear about the prizes. And the awesome preppy vendors who agreed to make this contest happen. So, take a look at this kelly green affair. And I will hit you up again tomorrow after I have run laps tonight to work off all the icecream I ate during said staycation.



Details:
Brides Dress: Tomasina
Groom& Groomsmen suits: J. Crew linen suit, Vineyard Vine's ties
Bridesmaids Dresses: J Crew hot pink dresses
Wedding Location: Westin Resort and Spa on Hilton Head Island in the Port Royal Plantation
Flowers: Flowers by Sue
Photographer: Shara Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment