Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Perfectly Preppy Proposal

Wow. Let me digress from the monogram madness to tell you a little about the perfect proposal.

Well, the husband-to-be thought it would be fun to completely surprise me with a proposal. Now, I knew enough to know he was the guy (told my mom on the first date), but I didn't expect a proposal for a while. After all, we had only been dating 1 year and 1/2. However, the husband-to-be had other plans. He plotted with his mom, sister and my best friend to purchase this amazing ring:










Now what girl could say no to such a beautiful bauble?

To surprise me, he just asked me to go for a walk in the park with my perfectly preppy pooch, Dempsey. We sat at a bench and all of a sudden, he was on his knee. It was a great moment for us both. And Dempsey too!









We followed up the proposal with a surprise brunch with our families and then met up with our friends for a party that lasted into the night.

Since March, I have been overwhelmed with every detail of throwing the perfectly preppy wedding. Today, I think I am just going to remember that special day where I was the happiest girl in the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment