Thursday, November 30, 2006

Preppy Wedding Attire

The perfect preppy wedding would be nothing without great preppy attire.

Upon deciding our colors were going to be a powder blue/chocolate brown, we had to make one of our larger wedding decisions . Are you ready?

Suit versus a tux. Long bridesmaids dress versus a short bridesmaids dress.

After lots of sleepless nights, we took the more casual approach. We have always been one to admire the beach wedding and really do like the thought of flip flops and a navy blue blazer. I just knew that would not fly in our church. Oh and did I also mention that I am from the South? Our mothers are very particular. About everything.

So, I took the middle of the road. Husband-to-be and I have been to MANY weddings. We've seen it all. But we like a more casual style. For almost the same price as renting a tux, our groomsmen bought these navy blue suits from Jos A Banks.


The guys don't know it yet, but they are getting these fabulous groomsmen gifts for the wedding from Brooks Brothers.



And my lovely ladies will be wearing this precious dress from J. Crew. (Which is now on sale for 39.99 - WOW).



So all in all we struck the balance of casual preppy, but not too casual. If I learned anything, it was to make a decision and stick by it. There are so many options out there for making choices and EVERYONE has an opinion. So we just took our taste and added my grandmother's favorite color (powder blue) and we could finally cross that one off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment