Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Wedding Logo

The first thing a girl does when she gets engaged is buy every bridal magazine she can find. Perhaps, we say yes first. But then we head to the nearest Barnes and Noble as a newly engaged person. No longer are you "jumping the gun" by flipping through the pages of Martha Stewart Weddings. Nope, now you have a ring. And instant justification to buy all 12 magazines with a bride on the cover.

But, to my point. One of the first things I read talked about the need to brand your wedding. Now, for the perfect preppy wedding, a brand lends itself naturally to the monogram. In my case, I decided to use my first initial, the husband-to-be's first initial and the initial of my soon-to-be last name. If you are totally traditional, stick with your fiance's initials.

Here's our wedding logo. In our perfectly preppy colors: blue and brown.





I had access to Illustrator and a best friend who is a graphic designer who helped me with the design process. However, there are lots of companies who can help you with the initial wedding logo design. Bliss Weddings has a great selection of create-your own wedding logos in many wedding styles. And for 50 dollars you really can't go wrong.

Here's a more classic design from Bliss Weddings:



And a more modern take:




On a tight budget? Don't worry. You can even create your logo in word. Browse or download your favorite font and away you go.

Next time I'll let you know what to do with your perfectly preppy wedding logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment