Friday, June 15, 2007

A Preppy Pink and Gold Winter Wedding

Maggie e-mailed me last week with some concerns about planning her preppy wedding. She just got engaged on Memorial Day and is planning for a January 08 celebration. There's not much time to be had, so I'll get to it.

Winter weddings are harder to weave together, I think. You want to make sure everything doesn't look to summery. Maggie was initially thinking black, champagne and a touch of pink. But, after seeing pictures of her reception venue, I had to substitute brown for black. I think with the dark mahogany walls of the reception venue, black would just look too forced. I also opted to re-work champagne to gold. I know you mom hates the gold-backed chairs Maggie - but I think they are just beautiful and would lend themselves to an easy sophistication.



The dress is Monique Lhuillier. It is a beautiful lace. I love it. Enough said! I would go for a satin finish bridesmaids dress in gold that would compliment the sash on the bridal gown. The one pictured is Amsale.

The invites are called Vivaldi and they're from paperdolldesign.com. I love the gold, traditional feel they give. Totally sophisticated, with a little preppy flair.

The cake is so cute. It's light brown and gold and I love the bow detailing. The flowers are from Preston Bailey in NYC. He is fabulous and they combine gold and blush for a perfect fit into Maggie's "new" color scheme.

For favors, try making CDs for your guests. I like these labels from MyOwnLabels to decorate!
Hmmm. Some other details that would be great for Maggie's wedding ....
  • Try hot chocolate or spiked spiced apple cider for guests as they arrive from the church to the reception. That should warm them right up!


  • An antique gold locket with pictures of loved ones who have passed would be a perfect compliment to your bridal bouquet.


  • Make sure to utilize the fire place in your venue. Have a fire going (if possible) and decorate the mantle with two large topiaries with a beautifully calligraphered wrap with the bride and groom's names in between (see my wedding for more details).


  • Make sure your coat check is manned and runs smoothly throughout the night.
    Good Luck Maggie and keep me posted on your wedding details!

No comments:

Post a Comment