Wednesday, March 7, 2007

More Excuses

Please do execuse me again today. Things are ramping up quite frantically to the wedding and I just don't have time to finish my everyday ware post today. I PROMISE to have it ready by tomorrow girls and you can hold me to that.

I was looking over at Tinkled Pink (another new blogger, go say hello) that she was going through what a lot of us MMMIT (Monogram Mommas In Training) go through nightly when it comes to figuring out what's for dinner. I have been trying these last few months to build a portfolio of tried and true recipes that are quick, tasty and easy to prepare after a LONG days work.

I've blogged about some of my favorites, but I have a new contender, CRUNCY ONION CHICKEN. This is an easy dish and it is much better than your average shake and bake meal. It is YUMMY paired with mashed potatoes or if you are not as fond of starch, it would also be great with some fresh veggies.

CRUNCHY ONION CHICKEN
Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

1 egg, beaten


Directions:
1. Place French Fried Onions into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. 2. Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional crumbs, if desired. 3. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center. (The 20 minutes at 400° has always worked for me)


So - try it out girls. I think it may make it onto your staples list!

No comments:

Post a Comment