Thursday, March 1, 2007

Observations from the other side...

The fiancé was very adamant that I post today and I figured I would take the opportunity to give my perspective on everything preppy in a wedding.

I’ll leave you all with 5 observations of a simple man:

First… the fiancé has done a superb job planning this wedding. I couldn’t imagine trying to do everything that she has done and I’m grateful to have someone like her in my life (going for brownie points here so work with me)
Second… preppy or not, a wedding is a great test of the endurance of one’s love for the other. There have been times when I have gone dizzy with the polka dots, monograms, bows and ribbons. I’m sure my lack of enthusiasm over what arrangement of flowers and tables with color schemes and chairs has irritated and annoyed my love but after the ceremony it’s just a big party with friends and family where the only thing they will remember is the food, booze and the band.

Third… the only thing the “preppy” groom will care about is the food, booze and band. Fortunately, I think we’ve done right in all of these departments. I did lose my battle for a bourbon fountain but you can’t always get everything you want.

Fourth… I can’t dance worth sh*%. I don’t blame myself. The problem when you are 6’4” and your dance partner is 5’2” is that when you are dancing you look like an abnormal giant working a puppet around the room. Regardless, the many dance lessons with our instructor have been amusing.

Fifth… I can’t wait for the day to come when my fiancé will become my wife. Besides the fact that the planning, dancing and practicing will end and we go on a much needed honeymoon, I’m looking forward to beginning the rest of my life with my best friend.

PS… if anyone is getting married please let the guy register for some fishing gear. We don’t care about china!

No comments:

Post a Comment