Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Preppy Everyday Dishes

Man, today was another stressful one for me. I am going to have to make an effort to calm down before the wedding. Nobody likes a bridezilla.
Speaking of brides, brings me to registries, which brings me to what? You guessed it. Everyday dishes. If you want to know which every day dish your favorite preppy blogger prefers, look no more.

Sarah from the Seven Spot and I enjoy the simple design of the Pottery Barn White dishes. We also like how Chinese take-out just seems more grown-up on real dishes.

The Susan’s from I heart Pink and Green and Love, Life and Labradors also enjoys the polka dot cuteness of PB’s Emma pattern. Obviously, they share taste and a name !!

A preppy reader, Katie, chose one of my other all-time favorites Staccato Dinnerware. I mean, come on, what is not to love about a polka dot border.

The Preppy Peach likes Lenox Butler's Pantry Gourmet.

Mrs. P, who always has exquisite taste, uses Wedgewood Nantucket Basket which has the cutest basket weave pattern around.

Debbie, from the Times of Debbie, uses the Belevedere pattern from Williams Sonoma in Cornflower Blue and couples it with Marisol placemats and tableware accessories. Tres Chic.

Preppy reader Allyn prefers Spode Delamere Blue which after seeing, I just LOVE.

Another reader, Courtney, has introduced me to Portmeirion Botanic Garden which is another super cute printed dish.
I am also a huge fan of Magnolias, Marriage & Manhattans choice, Vietri Incanto. The brand offers lots of patterns to choose from and I love the romantic, shabby chic effect.

Megan from Maine is true to her roots (let me re-phrase, her husband’s roots) with her choice of LL Bean’s blueberry dinnerware.

I’m so glad that TulipMom decided to delurk and share her pattern, Adeline by Villeroy & Boch. I visited a Villeroy & Boch outlet here in Virginia and fell in love with their stuff. All very usable and super preppy.

And last, but not least, our preppy leader, Monogram Momma mixed and matched colors of Denby’s Juice collection.


I think I can draw some conclusions from this preppy analysis. Us preppy girls like plain white dishes. Some of us like a little blue on our tables. If not blue, then a preppy print with some kind of floral pattern.
Hope everyone has a good tuesday. I have been spending the last week thinking this is the last time I will get my hair cut as a single woman. Or, this is the last time I will see so and so single.
I also have been going over (and over) the master wedding schedule. I now see my life in fifteen minute time slots.
On the plus side, everyone has been very good at dealing with my demanding tendencies this week and the fact that I end every conversation with an exasperated sigh. Instead of crossing your fingers for me, you may want to do it for my mom and husband-to-be who bear the brunt of my divaness lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment