Thursday, May 3, 2007

Confessions of a Preppy Shopaholic

Well, no one told me part of being married meant I had to curb my spending habits in order to make the husband happy. I've even tried bargaining my time (e.g. the time it takes for me to write over 100 thank you notes without his help) into purchases at our local JCrew. In case you're wondering that equates to one 98.00 sweater (I know, somehow the husband's calculations are grossly one-sided).

What seems to come from this no shopping ban is an overwhelming want to BUY stuff. You know, it’s like when you have a mosquito bite and you may have had it for days, but as soon as you notice it, you have this unending WANT to scratch it. Hmm, I may have lost you with that oh so visual analogy.

What I’m trying to say is - It’s Thursday, I’m bored at work and all I really want to do is slap down my credit card on just a few things …

Michael Kors 'Chestertown Patent Large' Satchel.

Now, I have never paid this much for a purse. But, I feel as if I am graduating from the land of Longchamp and into a world where a nice married lady needs a steady, reliable purse with a little spunk. Michael I think you have created me, in a purse. Well done.



CK Bradley Tulip Dress in Brown and Light Pink.

We already have four weddings this summer and I have my fifth year college reunion. I bought this dress in black and white polka dots last year and wore it to a total of 6 weddings/dress up events. I think this CK Bradley tulip dress has earned the right to become the signature dress of the summer of 2007 .
Monogrammed Party Tumblers. So when I get home from work and plop down with my diet coke and pirates booty, I can drink and admire my new monogram at the same time.






Preppy Potato Joanne Belt.

I have been meaning to get a Preppy Potato belt for the last few months. And this one is so wearable for me, the girl who can never have to much black , white or red. And again, I need to display my new initials on something, right?



Turq Kate Earrings in Black.

Absolutely beautiful. And they would go well with my new four hundred dollar Michael Kors bag. Yes, I am the kind of girl who equates buying a new purse with buying more products to then match her purse. Does that mean I have a problem?



I wonder how much all of this stuff will translate into based on the husband's calculations? I would probably need to reshingle the roof, tile the bathroom and re-asphalt the driveway for all this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment