Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Golf Themed Bachelorette

Last night, I had a reader request from Jennifer to help her with a bachelorette party she’s planning. The theme is GOLF (Girls Only Ladies Forbidden) a la the movie The Wedding Date. Which I love. And tell me, who’s gonna be watching The Starter Wife tonight? I digress …

Anywho, I put together this fun storyboard of ideas to help Jennifer throw a great party.


First off, I made sure that the theme was not too golfy. Because as much as I like golf, I am not all about golf paper products. So, I chose sage green and brown for my colors and polka dots for my theme and went with it.

Love this invite from wedding paper divas. As you can see, you need to make sure to clearly state on the invite that preppy golf attire is required.

I would start the night of at the host's home. I love these cute polka dot paper products and I would do heavy appetizers with coordinating cupcakes for dessert. Instead of playing lots of games, start the night by explaining that the whole night will be one big progressive round of golf.

Then distribute to each guest a homemade golf score card (you can do this in word) that clearly delineates the holes or bars you will be visiting that night. At each bar, guests are scored on how many drinks they consume. Whoever gets the highest score gets a special trophy that they get to carry around to the next bar.

I would also create some fun cards for each hole. Jot down a task for the bachelorette to complete and distribute to guests to give to the bride at each hole. And if you’re looking for ideas for tasks, visit this site.

Since you’re not buying expensive prizes for games, for favors get all the girls something that will make your group look more like a “team.” I like this headband from etsy, but I can also see argyle socks, hair bows or barrettes or even coordinating polos.

Some other things to remember …



  • Get a play list together of your favorite dance songs for the limo ride (that’s right no driving on a night like this)

  • The host has exclusive power to revoke score cards from any guest who is winning excessively (this is for those competitive girls who could kill themselves by drinking too many shots)
  • Create a visor veil for the bride using a plain white visor and netting from a fabric store. This signals the bride-to-be without going too over the top.

  • To save money on the party, only offer one signature drink at your home. And make sure to include it as the first hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment