Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wine & Cheese Shower

The hubby and I are excited about throwing a small couples shower for some great Richmond friends in a month or so. Since the couple are huge wine lovers, we decided to shower them in style with a take on the whole stock the bar theme. I ordered the invitations last week from vistaprint.com and led off with "Let's Toast The Night Away."


Here are just a few things I am planning on doing to make this shower a success:
  • The theme colors are going to be turquoise & brown. Imagine that. You know brown is the new black. We've ordered these fabulous napkins from ToBeeNamed. Jen, the owner is fabulous and all the napkins she offers are fully customizable. All her stuff is so amazingly preppy, I just can't wait to see these napkins in person!


  • I'm also going to get these favor tags from etsy. We're going to tie these around mini bottles of wine for our guests.


  • The paper plates are coming from ebay. Cheap and chic. You know I like that.


  • We'll be serving a variety of wine, this sangria, lots of cheese (marked with these) and crackers and some substantial sandwiches and finger foods. We're going to do mini cheescakes for dessert to keep with the them (of course!!)


  • There will be two games (arggh, I know people say they don't like games, but they tend to get people together). One will be a blind tasting to see how many people can guess the type of wine they are tasing. The second is a game that my sister-in-law had us to at our couples shower, it involves the bride and groom standing back to back with one shoe in their hand. The couple is asked questions like "Who made the first move" and "Who wears the pants" and they answer by holding up a shoe to represent either themselves or their partner (lots of fun - I promise).


  • We're also going to do some kind of display of pictures of the couple down our staircase. I just use some twine and mini clothespins and it looks super cute.


What am I missing? Any suggestions from all you preppy readers out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment