Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Preppy Traditional Shower

I got a request from a preppy reader to put together a shower theme for a friend who was very preppy traditional. She didn’t particularly like monograms (GASP, I know) and did not particularly have a favorite color (other than black & white).

Well in my shower planning experience, you give the bride what she wants so, I’ll try to do just that.

I started with the black and white notion and immediately thought of damask. Now, I love a good damask just about as much as I like a good toile, so here goes…



A lovely (and very traditional) Crane’s Invitation.

Some beautiful damask paper products from card isle.

This damask tape will look lovely around a small white favor box filled with a single chocolate truffle of the bride’s choosing.

I would use white ceramic vases like this bean vase, to hold lime green button mums. Then you can accent with lime green napkins and a midori champagne.

And how about this beautiful jewelry box for the bride-to-be.

I see no games, just girls, giggles, gossip and cocktails.

As y'all can see, I am going to try and do more storyboard like postings, I just think they allow you to see how all the ideas come together.

I'll be out of commission until next Monday, the preppy lil sis is graduating and will be a Gamecock no more!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment