Thursday, January 25, 2007

Preppy Wedding Finds


Invitations
I already blogged about our invitation choice, I just thought I would include a pic of our response card. I just love the way it looks and it will allow our guests to write a personalized response that we can save!

Guest Book
Instead of a guest book, we’re using a coffee table book that features pictures of our hometown. There’s lots of white space for guests comments, but I was stumped as to what kind of pens to use. I mean, you don’t want to just use a plain old bic.

I found these while looking for something else on Crate and Barrel’s website. They fit our color scheme and are quite nice looking.











Who knew that this wedding thing would have me obsessing about pens?

Down-to-Earth Wedding Tips
Because I am effectively in the last trimester of wedding prep (yesterday marked the two month countdown), I think the focus of my stress is changing. Before, it was nervousness about getting it all done. Now, I am nervous that no one will dance, or the food will be cold, or our guests won’t mingle. I suppose now I am more concerned about the actual execution of the day.

When I get worked up, I just read through The Sullatips and I feel a lot better. I mean, after all weddings aren’t about the celebration, they’re about a LIFE LONG marriage.

A Super Sweet Groom
With the wedding planning becoming pretty solidified, the husband-to-be and I were having a little trouble communicating in these last few weeks. This came to a head last weekend when his weekend bachelor party at the beach turned into a week-long bachelor party the week before the wedding.

Needless to say, we had a discussion about his plans and everything got worked out. It’s nice to know that the best preppy wedding find is a groom that will listen, compromise and take you to mexican food date-nights topped with Chick fil a cookies and cream shakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment