Friday, August 24, 2007

The Beach Chic Preppy Wedding

Kim e-mailed about a storyboard to go along with her summer 2008 affair at the Sanderling in Corolla, NC. Kim, I paid special attention when the husband and I took a drive into Corolla last weekend and you made a great choice. The Sanderling is a beautiful homey looking hotel that sits right on the beach.

Kim and her husband-to-be decided on turquoise and tangerine as their wedding colors. Because both colors are very strong, I recommend using a white and a buttery beige or sandy beige as a base color and using the turquoise and tangerine as accent colors (as you can see below).

I like this dress for Kim and these for her bridesmaids. It keeps everything elegant and not too beachy. I like these ties and kaki suits for the guys. (Kim - I know you wanted something more formal for the bridesmaids, check out this dress in a golden, sandy beige).


Try orange peonies tulips in antique looking blue vases for table arrangements (as always, check out ebay for deals). I like these invitations from wedding paper divas. Keep the cake shaded by a canopy to add drama (and protection). Martha has a great idea on seating cards that do use shells, but in a very grown up way.

I think it would be cool to do a galvanized pail (a grown up sand bucket) as a welcome gift for guests. Include a map of Nags Head, some fabulous Corolla lighthouse bagels and a straw beach mat.

Good Luck Kim! Hope everyone has a great weekend. We’re meeting some friends for Vodka Limeaids and corn dog nuggets tonight. Can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment