Friday, August 31, 2007

The Preppy NYC Winter Wedding

Hi guys. I am so ready for this long weekend - are you?

So ready indeed that I have no time to explain this lovely storyboard for a preppy NYC Winter 07 bride. I promise to get to the details on Tuesday.

For now, enjoy your weekend. I know I will !!!

UPDATE: Well, it's Wednesday, so here goes ...

My reader wanted a preppy/chic/winter 2007 NYC wedding. The NYC Palace Hotel was her favorite and after looking at it - there was just so much1920's pomp & circumstance charm, that I thought this wedding lent itself to black tie sophistication.

This reader also was looking for a dress much like Resse Witherspoon's in Sweet Home Alabama (as an aside - love this movie!!). This Carolina Herrera number is expensive, but so worth it. It also looks more wintery and has some golden tones, which led me to a gold inspired wedding. Take these Jenny Yoo floorlength silk bridesmaids dresses. And I love these invites from Bella Figura, I mean they look like they are written by hand.

To carry forth the black tie/night/winter/golden theme, let's do a few things. How about making sure gold is carried through the menu/table set up and the ceremony decor. I think ignore the idea of using Christmasy things, it can make the whole set up too cliche.

To make things more intimate, let's turn down the lights and add lots of candlelight and some inspired event lighting (this is the actual venue). This ensures an intimacy and almost starry night feel.

To add some fun, how about a late night grown-up smores bar (think dark chocolate and homemade marshmallows after the four course meal) with hot toddies? Leave your guests with an invitation for Sunday Brunch & Skating at Rockefeller Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment