Monday, August 13, 2007

Preppy Wedding Inspiration Mondays

Well, hope everybody had a great weekend. The husband got to fish this weekend and I got to see a fabulous chick flick (Becoming Jane - go see it!) with some great company, so all in all we both got what we wanted!

I have decided to post some inspiration ideas on Mondays from now on. Most of these I find while searching for storyboard posts. They may not fit the storyboard, but they sure do inspire good, creative ideas.

One of the best places to find inspiration is from photographer’s blogs. They are able to capture real weddings and the great ideas of other people.

So here are some favorites this Monday:

From Rob Garland Photography:

Photobooth Placecards - I am LOVING the idea of photobooths at weddings. More and more vendors are jumping on the bandwagon (Richmond, VA just got their first - three months after our wedding) and I just love the idea of incorporating these shots into place cards or save the dates.

Workin that Tent - So many people love the idea of an outdoor wedding reception, but when it comes to how to make a tent look comfy, sophisticated and still be functional, many (including me) are at a loss. I really was inspired by these two pictures. The first shows a long angle view of the tent and as you can see they have filled it with long tables, seating guests face to face in an almost family dinner style arrangement. And, I love it. Check out the second picture for a detail shot of the tablescape. Again, WOW. Looks so romantic and a perfect way to integrate pink and green without being overpowering.

From Holland Photo Arts:

Decorative Tablecloths - I just love these paisley tablecloths. A lot of you brides have written me about how NOT to have them overpower the décor and I think this shot shows you how. Keep the flowers neutral and the design uniform and you have a very original tablescape.

Oh the Places We’ve Been - I love the idea of displaying pictures at the reception. Here’s a creative (and cheap) way to display at an outdoor affair. Tres Chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment