Sunday, December 3, 2006

Christmas Decorating

It is the first Christmas that husband-to-be and I will be in our new house. And although we may have disagreed on some decorating decisions (I am not really a fan of the mallard look), I am happy to report we agreed on almost ALL of our Christmas choices for the house.

First came the tree. It is fake. I'll admit it. We decided that until there are children, we will not put ourselves through the hassle of buying a real tree. I do miss that amazing smell, though. Behold our fifteen dollar tree in all its glory.












We purchased it at Target, along with cute red and apple green ornaments.

I also decided to take on a craft project for the tree. To maximize its preppyness, I went to the local craft store and bought the inexpensive wooden letters for each member of our family. Now we have a cute monogrammed tree for around twelve dollars. I also like these monogram ornaments from Restoration Hardware.












Now, you can't have Christmas without stockings. Because our cape doesn't have a fireplace, we decided to hang our stockings from our staircase. We secured them with twine from Lowe's and I bought small model clothespins to secure all the Christmas cards we receive this year.

The stockings you see are from Pottery Barn. I got them on ebay for very cheap, because they are last year's model. I still think the red toile makes them very cute and current!

Remember how I said the husband-to-be and I disagreed on a few things. Well, mostly it was this polka dot ribbon, I had made at a local craft store. He is beginning to understand my love of polka dots with the wedding planning, but it is still something hard for him to accept! This bow cost me four bucks and is super cute.

After getting the house set up, it was time to pose the preppy pooches for next year's Christmas card cover shot. They both looked positively preppy with their fun holiday scarves from their pedicure appointment this weekend. Here they are both staring in the general direction of the camera.

Dempsey is a little confused about this whole Christmas tree thing.














LuLu got very tired of this whole process and decided to take a nap.
















I hope that you are enjoying all the fun of this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment