Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Fun Wedding Monogram Details

Martha, Martha Martha. Ms. Stewart and her Good Things could keep you up all night thinking of all the things you could do for your wedding. Martha has given me lots of sleepless nights these past few months, but let's face it, her ideas are good. And so preppy. And her Weddings magazine is really the bible for all you preppy brides-to-be.

Well, here are a few of her Good Things that I will be incorporating into my wedding. Surprise, Surprise they involve monograms.

First, take a look at this genius idea for incorporating a monogram into your bouquet.












Just take a hanky, it could be one that means something to you or one that you have purchased with your monogram and the date of your wedding and envelope wrap your bouquet. If you (like me) have no idea how to envelope wrap, I am sure that our florists probably do!

If you're looking for hankies, The Lace Shop is a great resource. I mean look at this beautiful hanky for 10 dollars.

I think these would also serve as great bridesmaid or MOB/MOG gifts. A thoughtful keepsake that can be passed down, again for under 10 dollars!

If you would rather stick with a satin wrap for your bouquet, fear not. They, too, can be monogrammed. There is a seller on ebay who is offering this beautiful wrap with customizable colors for 20 dollars.

I don't think I have mentioned my love/borderline obsession with ebay. Let's just say, I am a frequent ebay shopper. As evidenced by purchasing my wedding dress on their site!


Martha has another great idea for adding a unique monogram touch to your wedding. We always search for that something blue, she has helped us find it. Her suggestion is to create a dress monogram to pin inside our gown.

Now, again, if you are not the crafty type you can certainly purchase your dress monogram. There is an ebay seller offering one for only 15 dollars.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention, if you order your dress from the amazing selection at J.Crew Weddings, you can spend an extra 20 for their super cute dress monogram tag.


Well, I hope you too are inspired by the endless opportunities to integrate the monogram into your perfectly preppy wedding. Don't worry, this is not the last post about monograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment