Monday, December 18, 2006

Preppy Peppermint Bark

I thought I would post an idea for all you monogram-mommas in training (hereby known as MMIT) who want to make something for that holiday party/dinner with the in-laws/special present for the co-workers. I find that when looking at a recipe, I can normally get to step three (which will use the term grate, double-broil or separate egg from yolk) before I realize I am in over my head and decide to stick with the hamburger helper AGAIN.

Once in a while though, I come across a recipe that tastes great and only has three steps. I found one this weekend that impressed my mother which is a large task. Here it is in all its glory.

Preppy Peppermint Bark

2 packages Nestle White Chocolate Morsels (2lbs)
12 crushed Bobs Large Candy Canes (1 cup)

Step One. Crush all candy canes in a Ziploc bag using some kind of metal instrument. (I used my nice ice-cream scooper)

Step Two. Melt chocolate morsels in the microwave in a large bowl (For all you MMIT’s make sure that the bowl CAN be microwaved). I would stir every 30 seconds. You’ll know it’s melted when it develops a liquid consistency.

Step Three. Combine candy cane pieces and chocolate. Pour and spread into a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Then chill in the fridge for 45 minutes, take out and break into bark sized pieces.

Now, what makes this bark preppy is the presentation. For presentation at an event, make sure to place in a perfectly preppy bowl. Like the one below from Joanne Hudson.

For gifts of “Yes I made this with my own hands", place in a clear bag and tie with a red and white polka dot grosgrain ribbon. Tres preppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment