Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Help the Preppy bride-to-be



Did anyone see Celebrity Weddings on ABC last night?

I’m always impressed by what a lot of money and a party planner/floral designer/décor designer can accomplish. Amazing also is that everyone featured on the show is still married!

Onto more wedding fun. Because my mom is a little afraid of online shopping (and excel for that matter), I ordered the invitations for the bridesmaids tea for her. I used Wedding Paper Divas and ordered the Modern Toile Invitation in sky.














They had great service and a fast online proof. Better yet, they are very reasonable and their work product is just beautiful. You also can completely customize the wording and word placement on the invitation. Would highly recommend to any bride out there. They even customize wedding invitations and their stuff is so preppy chic.

Not sure what a bridal luncheon is? Check out weddingchannel.com for a great explanation.

On a side stationary note, I ordered these adorable personalized polka dot note card sets for my reader and greeters. They are from My Three Golfers Ebay store and only run $8.00 for a set of 12. Shipping is $4.00, but can be combined for multiple orders!

After finalizing our Carolina shag first dance routine last night, husband-to-be and I are ready to dance our first dance to The Platters With This Ring (that is if we can remember the steps). We’re bringing our parents in on the 20th to spend some time dancing and deciding on the father/daughter and the mother/son dance.

We also got all the invitations in the mail on Saturday and my mom is eagerly awaiting the first response card. I’m trying to guess who will be first - perhaps we should make bets.

In other news, we have a wedding this weekend and then I have a shower/bachelorette party next weekend. The preppy lil sis and my bridesmaids are mum on the details of the event, but the invitation featured argyle and asked guests to make sure they wore preppy outfits and rocked their polos for moi. Looks like a fratastic time for everyone involved.

Also in wedding fun, people are buying us gifts. After receiving the most precious monogrammed pottery barn table runner and cocktail napkins (thanks Mary Lou) to match our monogrammed dinner napkins (thanks Drew), things are starting to mysteriously disappear off the registry. This of course has prompted me to encourage the groom-to-be to set up a time to “reorganize our kitchen” and you know he is just brimming with excitement about that project.

OK, now that you’re all up-to-date on my life, how about you help a girl out? You all know my style by now. I’m preppy, petite and I need a rehearsal dinner dress. Mrs. P suggested that you preppy bloggers and readers could help me find something.

I’ve looked at most of the shops/boutiques in Richmond. The rehearsal dinner is a sit-down affair at the University of Richmond (husband-to-be’s alma mater). We will also be rehearsing at the church before the dinner (so no hoochie momma outfits, please). I haven’t found anything I love at J Crew (I bought the Juliette dress in expresso for a stand-by outfit). I’ve looked at most of the Milly and Molly B stuff out there. I have also checked out CK Bradley to no avail.

SO, if you think you’ve got a great dress suggestion, leave a link to it in the comments. I’ll make sure to post all recommendations and hopefully, we’ll be able to find a winner. Together.
Hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday and I can’t wait to see what you all find!

No comments:

Post a Comment