Thursday, February 8, 2007

Preppy Wedding Finds

Now, I know I promised a full post today on all things preppy wedding. Because I have so MUCH to express, I am going to be THAT girl who bullet points her thoughts.

These last few weeks, I have run across some amazing wedding vendors who really capture the mystique that is a perfectly preppy wedding.

  • Ceci New York. Take a look, these guys are spectacular. Their invitations are to die for, fully customized to fit your wedding and for all you stationary addicts, they are full service and don’t just cater to weddings.



  • Mac & Cheese Designs. Offers custom photo books that look like they belong securely tucked in your favorite Kate Spade tote. Their styling is awesome, but the actual embossed croc photo album is to die for. Again, they do more than weddings, so if you want to celebrate your little one or just organize your photos, take a look.




  • EDress Me. While on the aforementioned Rehearsal Dinner Dress Quest of 2007, I happened upon the EDress Me site. While they have a great selection of dresses from all the prepptastic designers, they also have an in-house line that is less expensive and look what I found - the exact replica of Reese’s Golden Globe dress. It’s on pre-order until 3/15 and it would be so cute paired with the scarlet d’orsay heels from Target, I blogged about here.
  • Ann Taylor. Just wanted to alert you brides that Ann Taylor Celebrations has beefed up its wedding offerings to include not only wedding and bridesmaid dresses, but coordinating ties for the groom and flower girl dresses. Now, you know I am a J Crew wedding shop fan, but their stuff is very cute and very traditional chic.

  • Martha Stewart Cards. I also wanted to point you to the Martha Stewart Kodak Collection which is now fully operational here. She has some precious Thank-you cards that are in MY color scheme and would be great paired with a cute wedding pic. The price is right on these cards and we were very happy with the quality of our MS Kodak Christmas cards.


Now onto another topic that is hot on my mind as well as other spring brides. MMM from Magnolias, Marriage and Manhattan had a question about what to buy as a hostess gift for showers or engagement parties.

My advice is to personalize not only to the taste of the guest, but to literally personalize the gift.

Stationary is always a good option. For my aunts who are throwing me a shower next weekend, I purchased personalized notecards from My Three Golfers online store. They are in my wedding colors and I know my aunts will find a great use for them.

I also ran across this site the other day. Minnie and Emma offer really cute designs (a la iomoi) AND they let you customize the invitation lining with some polka dot and striped infused coordinating patterns. The result is a precious combination of preppy fun. Here is my favorite design (and a must have for my new married correspondence)

I know a lot of girls are having cooking showers lately, and these monogrammed recipe cards from William Sonoma would be a great way to say thank you for a food-themed shower.

If you hostess is a coffee addict (as many ladies are), try buying this monogrammed coffee scoop and pairing it with her favorite kind of coffee. Very practical, and still very fun.


One of my favorite gifts is a magazine subscription because it truly is the gift that keeps on giving. My mother-in-law-to-be is always gracious with a Cottage Living subscription every Christmas and I so look forward to exploring my magazine each month. Check out Best Deal Magazines for some great deals on subscriptions. Or, Hearst is offering it’s special cheap subscriptions here, until Valentines Day.

Last, but not least, if you hostess is more young and funky, I love this monogrammable new tote from Lands End. I mean how can you go wrong with Zebra print and a monogram?

Good Luck MMM, and I’ll check in with you all again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment