Friday, April 6, 2007

Preppy Easter Weekend

In honor of the upcoming Easter holiday, here are few of the recipes I plan on making for Sunday. And just as a disclaimer, this girl is a Monogram Momma In Training, so all of the recipes are relatively easy to do!

Red Velvet Cupcakes (From Country Living Magazine)


My sister-in-law made these for our couples shower and they were FABULOUS. I am going to do a cream cheese icing, instead of the chocolate that the magazine advises.

If you are looking for another really impressive (but easy dessert) try Paula Deen’s Coca Cola Cake. I did this one for the Oscar party and it was so yummy.

Seven Layer Bean Dip is also on tap. This one is great for any of you girls who feel totally underwhelmed in the kitchen. And when you leave it will be ALL GONE, allowing you a feeling of true accomplishment!

Last, but not least, I am trying this marinated cucumber salad. It is one of the husband's favorites.

This weekend should be great! We are going to Pottery Barn to purchase this bed and I am so excited about it. Here is the look we are going for. Our room is already that exact shade of blue and we already have the duvet. Get ready for some fun pictures when we get everything together.






My mom is also taking me outlet shopping for my birthday (which is on Monday). J crew outlet here we come!

On Sunday, we are going to church and then to this fun parade in Richmond. Then we are going to meet my folks for a low-key cookout. Should be fabulous.

Hope you all have great Easter weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment