Monday, April 30, 2007

Preppy Wedding Details Continued

I'm back. With even more preppy wedding details!
One of the things I didn't want to spend a lot of money on was the programs. Now you all know about my love for stationary, but I couldn't justify spending so much on something sure to be thrown away immediately following the ceremony.
So, I had my best friend (also a graphic designer) do a play on our monogram brand. The reason I didn't use our exact monogram? It gets so expensive to print in multiple colors. And because I used a printing service (and not my home computer), I kept costs down by only going with brown. My best bud also designed our reserved signs, so that elderly guests could have a table and a guaranteed place to sit.


You certainly could create something like this in word and print from home. Especially if you have a customized monogram to brand your wedding.
Another big thing to talk about is the food. Our caterer was fabulous and young and he really executed the wedding perfectly. I blogged about our menu here. But this will give you an idea of how beautiful his displays were. And want to know the veggie dip du jour - pimento cheese. YUM.

He also helped us with selecting our signature drink and suggested we do a fun spin on the mason jars used for the flower arrangements. I love the idea and execution of our drinks and with HOT weather the day of the wedding, these were a HUGE hit.

He also took our monogram and ran off signs for each station. You know to keep up with the wedding branding !!

Last, but not least, perfectly preppy wedding attire. You all know about the ebay dress, so I won't bore you to tears talking about it - only to recommend it as an option. If you're looking to save money, your dress is a great place to start.

The ring bearers suit was from the GAP via ebay and the flower girl wore a Strausburg Kids dress in a silk that matched what I was wearing!
Another cute detail is the monogrammed hankie my mom had made for me. I also made hankies for my mom and mother-in-law based on a recommendation by monogram momma. If you're interested, use The Silken Thread. Their work was beautiful and such a cute detail.


So, that's it for pictures. Thanks for looking!

I also wanted to let all you girls out there know, Jcrew is running a 20 dollars off 100 dollars deal until 5/5/07. Just enter IAP-389 at checkout. There are lots of cute new summer things in stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment