Monday, April 2, 2007

Back and Better Than Ever




So MRS. Preppy Wedding is back and well...tired.

You see on the lovely flight home from the glorious honeymoon in HOT, but delightful Aruba, the layover at JFK took a little longer than expected. And by longer, I mean the husband and I didn't arrive to our house until 2:45AM Monday morning. And now I sit in my office thinking of the great wedding weekend and the warm, relaxing week that follows and all I want to do is plop my head down and take a nap.

As a small recap, the wedding went beautifully. I never lost my cool, we ran totally ahead of schedule the ENTIRE wedding day (and you girls know how this preppy girl likes running AHEAD of schedule) and the day and night of our wedding just unfolded into this huge, amazing party, full of friends, smiles, laughter, dancing and quite a few mason margaritas.

When the HUSBAND (weird) and I set out to plan this wedding, we wanted a party and a party we got. Just as the sun began to set, the dance floor got very crowded and you could find me there for the duration of the night. The after-party ensued at a local bar and friends from near and far were enjoying the best mojitos in Richmond while trying to stay on their bar stools.

The morning after the wedding, the husband was seeing some friends off and I snuck down the hallways of our hotel to a room four doors down where the preppy lil sis and the best bud from NYC were passed out in their bridesmaids dresses. My NYC girl gets special points for still wearing her gifted pashmina and for trying to tempt a lovely stud the night before with an offering of chicken fingers.

But, what they said is what mattered most. “What a Party” Oh and “So, exactly what happened last night?”

So for you brides-to-be out there planning, I wish you the party of the lifetime. And a day where you stay ahead of schedule so you can enjoy the most perfect day of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment